Hi guys, for the next two days, I’m participating in #Loveathon, which is a celebration of bloggers and blogging and our community! It’s hosted by Alexa of Alexa Loves Books, Cee of The Novel Hermit, Hazel of Stay Bookish & Mel of The Daily Prophecy, all of whom are amazing bloggers.
For the first task, we had to answer this questionnaire about ourselves, so here we go!
Loveathon 2016: Questionnaire
1. What’s your name?
2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I took the plunge after reading YA for years and years and seeing what an amazing community we have! I wanted to join in, but I didn’t expect to stick with it so long, so yay!
4. How did you come up with your blog name?
I spent a ton of time googling and trying to think of a name that was right for me and wasn’t taken…I settled on Mostly YA Lit because that’s what I thought I’d be writing about…but I also wanted to let myself be creative about my life outside of books, too (that hasn’t happened much!).
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
- I try to do one meme a week – either Waiting on Wednesday or Top Ten Tuesday.
- I occasionally just do random posts to spark discussion, which are sometimes called Friday Rants.
- I have a feature called Recently in Romance, where I do mini-reviews of romance books.
- I write essays occasionally, when I feel like I need to put my thoughts in longer form and defend something.
- I have a feature called Why Eh? which is a spoiler-based post where I talk about my burning questions about books already published (it hasn’t been super successful, but I want to bring it back!).
- And I’ve been doing author spotlight weeks since I started: I did a Diana Peterfreund one, and last year, an Emery Lord one (stay tuned for this year’s!).
7. Best blogging experience so far?
Making amazing friends in this community. Getting to talk about YA with people who actually know what I’m talking about.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- When We Collided by Emery Lord (I’ve read it, but man, it’s great, guys!)
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- Under a Painted Sky by Stacey Lee
- Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne – it’s a really really good YA contemporary. If you like contemp, you’ll like this one.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
This is really hard…I think Vicky Austin from Madeleine L’Engle’s A Ring of Endless Light.
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Just one? Maybe Matt Finch from Open Road Summer by Emery Lord?
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)?
- Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – the resourceful mechanic
- Kat from Heist Society by Ally Carter – the all-around good thief & strategist
- Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead – the badass
- Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling – the brain, but also, could use some magic on my side
- Jessica Jones, because super-strength + super smart + super feminist
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
Music – I’m a singer, I sing classical in a choir and with a vocal coach (but I also like a ton of pop and rock and musicals!)
Movies – lately, my fave is About Time, but I’m a stickler for rom coms. My all-time faves are the Before Sunrise trilogy, Boyhood, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Lost in Translation, Citizen Kane, and more…
Crafting – this one is new – I’ve done a couple of snail mail pieces for Andi ABC’s pocket letters and I’ve really enjoyed it!
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, crafting goodies – I am fashion obsessed!
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It by Stars
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
Book-to-movie: Illuminae by Aimee Kaufman and Jay Kristoff? That would make a ridiculously good movie
19. What would your dream library look like?
Like this, I think. I need air and light and lots of comfy spaces, but also…books.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Diana Peterfreund, Emery Lord, and Gayle Forman. Can’t choose just one!
Are you participating in #Loveathon 2016? If you are, drop me a link below so I can come visit and follow! And let me know what your faves are!