Thanks for stopping by my review + request policy page!
I accept requests on a case-by-case basis.
At the moment, I am only accepting early or ARC review requests for books that are traditionally published and come out in July 2017 or later.
I love many self-published authors, but I am picky about them and my to-be-read pile is just too long at the moment to sift through requests.
I will only respond to requests that I want to accept – unfortunately, I simply get too many emails to respond to every single request. If you haven’t heard from me in three weeks, please know that I REALLY appreciate your request, but it’s not the right time or book for me.
Please send all requests to email@example.com
You can also find me on:
About my reviews
- The title of the book and author’s name in the post title
- A picture of the cover
- My star rating (out of 5)
- A summary from Goodreads
- Links to the author/book’s Goodreads page, the author’s website, and the author’s Twitter
- How I got the book and what format I read it in
- My thoughts on the book, which will usually consist of my reading experience, discussion of character and plot development, specific points that jumped out at me, and what I liked and didn’t like.
- Bonuses – these are things about the book that might make people pick it up – for instance, boy protagonists, travel themes, kick-arse secondary characters…my bonuses succinctly summarize what makes the book stand out from the crowd.
- Book Theme Song: a song that makes me think of the book, whether it’s in the lyrics or the feeling
- The Final Word: A 150 word or less summary of my review
- A few questions to spark discussion on the book/review
A mini-review will include all of the above except for the Bonuses and Book Theme Song.
I promote posts by tweeting them out through my Twitter account during the week I post, tagging authors and publishers, and posting them on Facebook page, Tumblr page, and Pinterest board on Books, and Google+. Sometimes I will also post a picture on my Instagram if there is a giveaway or if it’s a book I was particularly interested in.
I accept requests for:
- Blog Tours
- Guest Posts
- Cover reveals and book blitzes (I’m very selective about this)
I read and review fiction in these categories:
Middle Grade/Children’s Lit (mini-reviews; reviewed on Goodreads first)
Romance – New Adult, Contemporary, Historical (these are almost always mini-reviews, and get reviewed on Goodreads and Amazon first)
Genres that I love and will often choose to review:
YA contemporary – my favourite genre
I sometimes like and will agree to review:
I rarely like or agree to review:
Some of my favorite authors (so you can get an idea of what I like):
Diana Peterfreund/Viv Daniels
Taylor Jenkins Reid
Still interested in requesting something? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org