So this post focuses on spring reads, but I thought I’d extend that to summer, too, especially since I’m going to be slowing down the blog a little as my wedding starts getting closer. I’m cheating a bit, because I have ARCs for some of these, so I really do have to read them.
Here are my definite reads this spring:
1. The Elite by Kiera Cass – April 23
I’ve talked about this one so many times people are probably leaving this blog right now. But I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, OK?
2. Delirium/Pandemonium/Requiem by Lauren Oliver – out now
Hahahahahaha! <– everyone in the world laughing at me right now.
3. Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald – April 23
Another one I’ve talked about a zillion times. It’s coming out just in time to help me get over The Lizzie Bennet Diaries ending (let’s be honest, I’ll never be over it).
4. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham – April 30
Got an ARC of this, AND it’s adult fiction! Go me! So excited to see if Lauren Graham’s hilarity translates to the page.
5. Game. Set. Match by Jennifer Iacopelli – May 1
I was part of a cover reveal and giveaway for this last week, and I’m not sure it got the pick up it should have. Are you guys not into tennis/sports romances like I am? Is it that’s it’s New Adult? Anyway, I’m excited to finally read it!
6. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski – May 7
Another ARC that I’m super excited about – I just love the revenge-y concept. And I love road trip books!
7. The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik – out now
I won a copy of this in a contest on Claire LaZebnik’s Facebook page a couple weeks ago for sharing my most embarrassing flirting story ever. I have a feeling Claire and I have similar facepalm stories, I liked Epic Fail a lot, AND it’s based on Mansfield Park, so yeah, will be reading as soon as it comes in the mail!
8. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green – out now
Michele from Just A Lil Lost and Jenn from Lost in a Great Book are doing a brunch book club on this book this month. Seeing as it’s been sitting on my shelf gathering dust for about five years, I think it’s time. Plus, I need a good contemp right now.
9. The Grass Is Always Greener by Jen Calonita (Belles #3) – April 16
I think I’m kinda addicted to the Belles series. They’re not super substantial, but they’re well-written, fun contemps. I really adore Izzy and Mira. This is one I’ll be running to the bookstore for on the release date.
10. A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty – April 1
I’ve featured this as a WoW pick, and I’m just in love with the whole concept of science, and a crack in the world, and time, and colour. Can’t wait for this one to come out, and it’ll be another one I’ll be reading immediately.