Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish to highlight a top ten list related to book blogging, and to get to know fellow book bloggers.
Oh man. This is the perfect TTT for me – there are SO MANY series that I’ve been meaning to read, but haven’t been able to, either because I’ve been too busy, or there’s too much hype, or I’m just too behind. It’s no surprise that most of these are NOT contemps…I think that kind of says something about me as a reader.
Anyway, in no particular order:
1. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – I can’t even count the number of people who have told me to read this. I’m really going to try for this month, guys, especially since Requiem just came out!
2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – Same with this one. Giselle at Book Nerd Canada probably wants to beat me over the head with it at this point.
3. Deviants (The Dust Chronicles) by Maureen McGowan – Not only does this dystopian with a heroine who can kill with her emotions sound amazing, but Maureen has also been the most awesome supporter of me and my blog. It’s on my schedule, I promise!
4. Bumped by Megan McCafferty – Have I mentioned I’m a huge Megan McCafferty fan? Yes? Well, I’m embarrassed to say I still haven’t picked up her latest books, even though I have a signed copy of Bumped. I have no excuse.
5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner has been such a champion of this book…I feel like I need to read it.
6. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – I’m seriously the last YA reader on the planet who hasn’t touched these. They really never interested me until I saw the movie trailer. I’m still a bit on the fence, but I’m willing to try.
7. The Name of the Star (Shades of London series) by Maureen Johnson – This is another author who is very near and dear to my heart, but I just haven’t been motivated to read this series lately. Maybe because I love her contemporary books so much that I’m not sure I’m ready for horror?
8. Starling by Lesley Livingston – Actually, anything by Lesley Livingston, but Starling is the one that totally gets me. I love the fact that Mason is a fencer! Lesley is another fun, supportive Canadian author who I’ve been totally ignoring. *embarrassed*
9. Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight – This was one I got for Christmas and is still sitting on my shelf. I love Austen-inspired novels and I just haven’t gotten to this. TBR, why won’t you shrink?
10. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas – I bought this for myself in October, and I was super-excited about delving into fantasy. Still haven’t started it. I’m turning into a puddle of guilt right now.
Honorable mentions: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School series) by Gail Carriger, Matched by Ally Condie
I've read 1,2,5,6 and 10. And I reco Under the Never Sky 🙂 Aria and Perry!
City of Bones is my favorite series ever!! You really should read it (:
Under The Never Sky is very good too.
I haven't read the rest, but they all look interesting. Great list!
I Love your blog!! I'm a new follower (:
You must start most of these series immediately, especially Under the Never Sky and Shatter Me. They're both amazing.
I haven't read Bumped too but I really want to. Great list! 🙂
Here's my Top 10
If I had to pick out one series for you you should definitely start soon it's Shatter Me! It really is amazing!
I agree with the comment above. Shatter Me is amazing. I haven't read Unravel Me yet but I have high hopes.
Tonile @ My Cup and Chaucer.
Delirium – I forgot that one for my list. I just don't even know how to manage all the series I haven't read.
Throne of glass was one of my favorites! 😀 It's so good!
Under the never sky also made it to my list.
Top 10 Tuesday – Mel@thedailyprophecy.
Ohh, I want to start Throne of Glass and Shatter Me too, I have heard great things about them and actually have them on my Kindle I just need to start them.
I LOVED Under the Never Sky, I just read the novella Roar and Liv in the series, and even that was wonderful!
Ashley @ The Quiet Concert
I've read quite a few of these and I agree you definitely need to read them! Especially Throne of Glass and the Delirium series (seriously DELIRIUM SERIES!!)
This looks a lot like my TBR pile! I'm currently reading Unravel Me and I think that I am among the minority when I say that I really didn't like Shatter Me all that much. The first two thirds of the book was a real struggle to get through. But I did enjoy the last part when she finally gave up the pretenses and just told me the story. Shatter Me was far too contrived and pretentious and it felt like I was being given a lesson on metaphorical allegory usage. Unfortunately it seems that Unravel Me is heading in the same direction, but so far it's less blatant.
I also have the Delirium trilogy! My Chapters store had Requiem last week and I just couldn't resist picking up all three. I read the first few pages and I'm so excited to get to these books!
I've not heard read The Mortal Instruments but I absolutely loved The Infernal Devices and can't wait for Clockwork Princess!
Happy Reading Everyone!
I love Delirium very much and Shatter Me.I found Under the Never Sky to me just okay for me. Bumped looks like a series I also want to try.
Okay, yayyy I'm super glad you're going to try and read Delirium soon <3 I really hope you like it! And I'd love to know what you think once you read it. Same with Shatter Me!
Also, I haven't read Starling or Throne of Glass yet either! So I guess we're in the same boat together there 🙂
Brenna from Esther's Ever After
Definitely read Under the Never Sky! It's such an amazing book! That's actually the only series on this post that I've read. I need to start some of these too! 🙂
Shatter Me and Under the Never Sky are on my list as well.. I didnt really like Delirium and The Mortal Instruments, despite praises form everyone 🙂
Top 10 Tuesdays
The only series on your list that I have read is The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. More than half of your list is on my list of series I want to read too. Hopefully you will get to start some of these soon!
I have read The Mortal Instruments series, The Delirium trilogy, Under The Never Sky series and attempted Throne of Glass but couldn't get into it. I loved the first 3 in the MI series but the last 2 were just okay. I really really liked the Under The Never Sky series. I am no longer a hold out on any series that I hear a lot of praise about. I held out on the Twilight series until Eclipse was at the movie theater. I also held out on The Hunger Games. Ended up loving both a lot.
Those are exactly the book I'm dying to get started on. Plus the Birthmarked Trilogy. Bumped is anew book for me, have to check that out.
You MUST read Shatter Me and Unravel Me, and Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night! AMAZING. Throne of Glass, Bumped and Thumped and Starling and Descendant are all on my list, too!
That is a great list of books, I haven't read Shatter Me either. <3