Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish to highlight a top ten list related to book blogging, and to get to know fellow book bloggers.
Quick and dirty TTT today, guys – I’m super busy with work and haven’t been sleeping or doing anything else much lately.
My embarrassing overarching excuse for not having gotten to to these earlier is that I got way too excited requesting ARCs in my first year as a blogger that I’ve gotten a bit bogged down. Rookie mistake. I’m really hoping to change that as this blog goes on.
In no particular order:
1. Throne of Glass by S.J. Maas
– I read so many amazing reviews, and I was super excited to try fantasy for the first time, and…nothing.
2. Meant to Be by Lauren Morill – It’s a contemp, it’s a romance, why, why, why have I not read this yet?
3. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson
– I think the reason I haven’t read this is because it’s not in my wheelhouse, even though I adore Maureen’s writing. I should just trust her and go with it.
4. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
– Morgan’s debut, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, is what inspired me to start writing again. I LOVED it. I think the reason I haven’t read SCS yet is because it’s heavy to carry around? #dumbreason
Guys, the worst thing about this post is that I have at least ten more books I could have put on this list. I’ll save you the despair and guilt.
What’s on your shelf that you HAD to read, but haven’t yet? Anyone else just as guilt-ridden as me?
Tags: 2012 releases, adult books, book guilt, book lists, book memes, classics, older releases, reading life, tbr, top ten tuesday, YA