Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish to highlight a top ten list related to book blogging, and to get to know fellow book bloggers.
Guys, you know I love me my book boyfriends, but I REALLY love this week’s TTT because it doesn’t preclude me from including girl characters as well as guys! I really thought about this one, because I am a girl who has very specific crushes. I like nerdy good boys and girls who aren’t afraid to be themselves. =)
I’m being very naughty and including stuff from TV/movies as well because I feel like I always talk about the same characters over and over…
In no particular order:
1) Bridget from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series (Ann Brashares) – Ok, seriously, Bridget is a bit of a Manic Pixie Dream Girl at first…and then you find out just how fragile and destructive she is, but also how strong she is…and it’s kind of hard not to love her. If I were Eric, I would have fallen in love with her, too!
2) Elizabeth Bennet from Pride & Prejudice (Jane Austen) – Darcy is awesome, don’t get me wrong, but Elizabeth is my girl. I know she’s a little prejudiced, but she learns and grows and isn’t afraid to be her outgoing, outspoken self.
3) Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead (TV) – I just binged the last three episodes of this season of Walking Dead, and if I didn’t love Daryl enough already, my love is now complete. If I were in the WD world, I would probably be trying to jump Daryl right now.
4) Oliver Queen / The Hood from Arrow (TV) – I’m not sure if Oliver is on
this list mostly because of the amazing shots of actor Stephen Amell’s abs/body from the show, but I seriously have SUCH a crush on Oliver. He’s funny, sarcastic, working for the greater good, and SO hot.
5) Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games series (Suzanne Collins) – Oh, please, is there any wonder that I love Peeta? He’s a good boy who can really talk the talk, and he loves Katniss more than anything.
6) Prince Maxon from The Selection series (Kiera Cass) – He’s a good boy. And a prince. And someone who is fighting very hard for the right to love, and for the right way to govern without violence. And he likes strong women. I pretty much couldn’t find a more perfect book boyfriend.
7) Queenie/Verity from Code Name Verity (Elizabeth Wein) – I didn’t cry during this book, but I was pretty much in awe of how awesome Verity was. It wasn’t a situation where a lot of romance was happening, but man, did I have a girl-crush on Verity.
8) Dee from Just One Day (Gayle Forman) – I’ll be honest and say that this entire list could have been characters from Gayle Forman novels, but I thought I’d put Dee in because he absolutely deserves to be crushed on. Also, I have a terrible history of crushing on ambiguously-sexually-oriented people, so yeah. Dee is SO cool, he’s so smart, he thinks everything tracks back to Shakespeare, and he’s not afraid to be himself. LOVE.
9) Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars (John Green) – oh, come on. If you didn’t love Augustus, you’re pretty much immune to love. =p He’s nerdy, he’s hot, and he loves fiercely. I can’t. Even.
10) Adam Eddington from A Ring of Endless Light (Madeleine L’Engle) – Adam is my perfect guy. Nerdy, interesting, deep, different, he sings…he was one of my first book boyfriends and will never stop being one. =)
Peeta is so popular in today's lists! He's everywhere! Haha! No wonder, though. He's totally crush-worthy. Plus he's super nice. 🙂
Julie @ Books and Insomnia
Mr Darcy and Peeta!!! Yaaay. Totally drool-worthy!
Prince Maxon I swoon !!!! He is my favorite! <3
The only ones that I know are Maxon and Peeta, and I can't say that I have crushes on them. I love them to death as characters, but not crush-worthy for me. I am more of an Adrian Ivashkov fan!
Interesting list! I have to agree with Daryl. The bad boy/survivor! Thanks for sharing!