Is there anything better than talking about debut books and the magic you think the authors will bring into your reading life? Yeah, I thought not.
Here are the ten 2016 debut books I’m most looking forward to:
- The Way Back To You by Michelle Andreani and Mindi Scott – this one’s a little bit of a cheat because Mindi is a veteran author, but I’m so excited to see what they have in store with this contemp!
- The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry – sci-fi romance with a bit of football. NEED THIS ONE.
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood – time travel romance by an author who wrote her thesis on Dawson’s Creek. Sold.
- The Distance to Home by Jenn Bishop – middle grade girl baseball player who lost her sister must find her passion again – I just think this is going to be cute and wonderful.
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn – SO excited to read a sex positive novel about a girl who helps guys get over their first times. YES.
- The Leaving Season by Cat Jordan – Like this book, I’m also obsessed with that time in a teen’s life after high school but before college. Heartbreaking? Yes, but so good.
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro – girl Sherlock Holmes? Prep school? Sign me up!
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake – I’ve been following Ashley ever since I became friends with fellow blogger Jen @ Pop! Goes the Reader and I adore everything she tweets, so I’m so onboard for this dysfunctional family book.
- The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith – As some of you know, consent and feminist issues are things are care very passionately about. This novel looks to deal with sexual assault in an hoest way, and I’m looking forward to that.
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating – dreams bleeding into reality is such a real concept for me, because I often feel like that during my waking life…and this sounds like a creative way of exploring that concept.
Are any of these 2016 debut books on your list this week? Let me know and I’ll stop by!