- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner: “Effervesces with the warmth and darkness of a small Southern Gothic town – the characters leapt off the page to me.”
- The Distance from A to Z by Natalie Blitt: “If you like swoony, character-driven romances and book boyfriends, The Distance from A to Z is for you. It’s an incredible, unique romance that will WRECK you.”
- When A Scot Ties A Knot by Tessa Dare | Mini-review to come: “Extreme, utter heart eyes for this romance. Sexytimes galore. Funny and silly, but also deals with more serious issues realistically.
- When We Collided by Emery Lord | Review coming tomorrow: “The thing that Emery gets so right in this book is how viscerally and quickly your mind and heart can overtake you…It’s a testament to [her] talent that this book never feels too heavy, that it goes into dark and painful places…but I never wanted to put it down.”
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater | Review to come: “Intensely weird, darkly emotional, and beautifully epic, this is my favorite of the three books thus far because it’s all about the characters and how they develop. Also, the shippiness is REAL.”
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson | Review to come: “Matson handles all the nuances of a father-daughter relationship, friendships, and first love so delicately, and with so much sensitivity and understanding of human beings that I was enveloped in her prose immediately.”
- Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas | Mini-review to come: “The characters are richly developed and the romance is a true slow-burn. This is a romance for people who like the journey.:
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: “Full of Marissa Meyer’s signature world-building, and snarktastic dialogue, STARS ABOVE is definitely essential to your Lunar Chronicles collection. If you were thinking of giving these a pass, don’t.”
What books are on your best of list lately? Leave a comment and I’ll stop by!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish to highlight a top ten list related to book blogging, and to get to know fellow book bloggers.