This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is all about finished series that you need to finish…but I’ve discovered that I’m actually pretty darn good at finishing series when I’ve started them! I know, I can’t believe it either, but I think it has to do with my obsession with closure and the fact that I’m very picky about the series I start.
Because my TTT is so short this week, I thought I’d add in some finished series I’ve been meaning to read as well!
Finished Series I Need to Finish:
1. Patrick Ness’ Chaos Walking series: like, it’s actually embarrassing that I’ve only read the first book in this since I ADORE Patrick and in another world he is my author husband. (Have you seen the fundraising he and other authors are doing for Syrian refugees? If not, check it out!)
2. L.M. Montgomery’s Anne series: as a self-proclaimed Anne fanatic, it’s pretty ridiculous that I never finished Rainbow Valley. I’ve read all of the other books in the series, but Rainbow Valley eludes me because I’m just not as interested in Anne’s kids (I did adore Rilla of Ingleside, though).
4. Madeleine L’Engle’s O’Keefe series (and sort of The Austin series): I’ve read all of L’Engle’s children’s and YA series (not the stand-alones) work except for Dragons in the Water, and the children’s books in the Austin series.
Finished Series I’ve Been Meaning to Start
5. The Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls) Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater – I love her work in the Raven Cycle, so I definitely need to start this.
6. The Dust Chronicles by Maureen McGowan – Maureen is a friend and Toronto author, and I’m just a bad blogger for not having gotten to this yet.
7. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I know, I know. The first book is on my shelf!
8. The Tempest Series by Julie Cross – I think this is the only thing by Julie I HAVEN’T read, which is kind of strange, since I love time travel
9. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – do I want to start this? Is it ever really going to end? (and yes, I know I only have the first three books up there, but those are the only ones I want to check out anyway)
10. The Ruby Oliver series by E. Lockhart – I really loved Frankie and We Were Liars – does this one live up to them?
What finished series are you trying to finish? Are you as obsessed with endings as I am, and thus, at a loss? Are there series you want to start? Which one do you think I should start next? Let me know!