This week’s TTT prompt is 10 books on my spring/summer 2016 to be read list. Obviously, I have a ton of books on my list, and I’ve highlighted quite a few in some past posts. So today, I want to highlight a few that might not be on your radar.
- Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld | April 19 – Curtis Sittenfeld, author of the incisive Prep, writing a modern Pride & Prejudice retelling? Yeah, I’m in.
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum | April 5 – Speaking of prep school, this book about a girl who goes to one and has a miserable time – she’s about to leave, but then she gets an anonymous email from someone offering to guide her through. I have a serious thing for secret letter writing, so this one is TOTES on my list.
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone | May 31 – unwanted Euro trip with unexpected love interest? YES.
- The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett | May 3 – adult time travel romance kinda like A Thousand Pieces of You – totally my crack.
- Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee | May 24 – I really enjoyed Stacey Lee’s debut, Under a Painted Sky, and how diverse and different it was. I’m looking for more of the same in this historical about the San Francisco earthquake at the turn of the century.
- One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid | June 7 – TJR has impressed me so much with her last two novels, After I Do and Maybe in Another Life – she’s wise and honest about the challenges of relationships. I’m DESPERATE for this one!
- American Girls by Alison Umminger | June 7 – this book kinda sounds a bit like criticism and satire between the story of a girl who runs away to LA and gets obsessed with Charles Manson. Weird, but just weird enough for me to be interested.
- 738 Days by Stacey Kade | June 7 – this will be my first Stacey Kade book, and the premise just got me: it’s about a girl who was kidnapped and found, then dealing with PTSD. She ends up meeting a Hollywood star-turned-bad boy who is her favorite and obviously…there are going to be feelings.
- The Season by Jonah Lisa Dyer and Stephen Dyer | July 12 – Soccer star girl who gets forced to be a debutante? YES YES YES.
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes | July 12 – this is a middle grade novel that explores what it means to grow up not knowing about 9/11 – so interesting!
What books are you putting on your Spring/Summer TBR? Leave a comment and I’ll stop by!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish to highlight a top ten list related to book blogging, and to get to know fellow book bloggers.
I’m excited to read 738 Days also!! I loved The Ghost and the Goth series that Stacey Kade wrote. It was adorable and fun. Tell Me Three Things is also a YES for me. It sounds really interesting… and I like the cover- although it is making me hungry just looking at it 🙂
738 Days sounds really intriguing! 🙂 I hope you enjoy these books!
So looking forward to Wanderlost!
Wanderlost sounds adorable.
Tiff, I can tell you as someone who has read AMERICAN GIRLS it’s heavy. It deals with family, murder, and growing up. The voice is 15 but sometimes feels older (in a GOOD way), but she totally acts 15 haha. Oy. 😉 The voice really leaps off the page and I felt for the mc Anna. It’s sort of a dark underbelly of Hollywood… now curious for your thoughts!
Can’t wait to read Outrun the Moon! By the way, I also want to read Under the Painted Sky!
And time travel?! Def want!!! Versions of Us l
I’ve heard great things about Tell Me Three Things^^ Oh and Wanderlost sounds great too! Lovely selection here my friend! ♥
Reading Eligible right now! Can’t wait for One True Loves and The Versions of Us!
One True Loves was excellent! I didn’t know how Taylor was going to handle the story, but once again, she managed to pleasantly surprise me. And Outrun the Moon was wonderful too. I really enjoyed the main character in that novel a lot! And Tell Me Three Things was so so so charming. Happy reading Tiff!