This week’s focus is on our favourite romances – you guys know I’m a huge contemp/romance fan, so here’s my list of perfect romances for you to read before Valentine’s Day!
In no particular order…
3. Allyson & Willem
from Just One Day by Gayle Forman
– this one is also about loving yourself, which is extra awesome. And can I just put in an extra ship for Allyson + Dee’s friendship?
4. Vicky Austin & Adam Eddington
from A Ring of Endless Light by Madeleine L’Engle
– one of my favourite books and couples of all time. I seriously feel that this book formed the basis of my understanding for what I wanted out of a relationship
5. Amy & ??
from the Secret Society Girl series by Diana Peterfreund
– the romance in these books is SO sexy, especially in Rites of Spring (Break) and Tap & Gown – I don’t even want to tell you who to root for because it’s such an awesome and amazing surprise
8. Jess & Ryan
from The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
– if you haven’t read this kick-butt, girl-power, secret society book yet, you’re missing out. It’s one of my all-time favourites. And the romance is SMOKIN’.
9. Lizzie Bennet & William Darcy
from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries
– this is breaking the rules because it’s a webseries, but seriously, if you guys haven’t watched the LBD yet, you’re missing out. This romance is so sweet, and the rest of the series is brilliant. I’m OBSESSED. Check out my tumblr
10. Elizabeth Bennet & Mr Darcy
from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
– since I put in LBD, I couldn’t not put in one of my all-time favourite couples ever, right?
What are your favourite romances in books or TV or whatever? Let me know in the comments!
Tags: book lists, diana peterfreund, gayle forman, john green, kay cassidy, kiera cass, lizzie bennet diaries, madeleine l'engle, megan mccafferty, romance, stephanie perkins, top ten tuesday, valentine's day