After three to five years of saying I should start a book blog, I’m finally doing it. This is, in large part, because Goodreads is super easy to use and I’m basically just cut and pasting my reviews from there to here. Nevertheless, it’s nice to have a pretty place to post my musings on (mostly) YA books with a few adult books, movies, TV shows, and fashion stuff, no?
Disclaimer and Mission
I don’t purport to have the best reviews on anything, or even to have great thoughts to share, but I do think that the authors I read deserve to have recognition of the great work they’re doing. Whether the purpose is just to get teens reading, or to tell a cathartic or important story, young adult literature is currently one of the most exciting genres to read and write in. I’m a firm believer that anyone of any age can read and enjoy YA lit, just as many adults, teens, and octegenarians still enjoy children’s literature. So this blog celebrates young adult literature and the wonderful authors who are out there enriching our lives with their stories. It’s also a way for me to connect with the rest of the YA-loving world.
With that, here are a few notes:
1. I mostly read contemporary YA books, mostly about girls, mostly with romances.
2. I’m not a huge fan of paranormal books. Sorry. If you’re looking for that, you may want to move on.
3. I have a Master of Arts degree in English. That means my reviews may sometimes get a bit technical. That said, I also work in communications, and I strive to the best of my ability to make everything I write readable and understandable. If you don’t know what something means, though, please just ask!
4. Yes, I have books to give away. No, I am not sponsored by any publisher – if I have books to give away, they are my own, gleaned from other contests and self-funded trips to conferences and my own money. If I got a book from a specific publisher, I would let you know in blog post.
5. I may occasionally use profanity. Very occasionally. I’m trying to keep this family friendly, but hey, occasionally there is a time when a book is so good (or so bad!) that I can’t keep it in.
I can’t think of anything else right now, but I guess I’ll be updating as I go. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter
for any other questions.
Thanks so much for reading, and I can’t wait to get started!